In the digital world, online businesses are increasing rapidly. People are opening online stores in the hope of getting more customers. However, setting up an online store is not as simple as it seems. Many retailers or businessmen face difficulty while deciding on a suitable E-Commerce platform.
When it comes to E-Commerce then nothing can match up Woocommerce and Shopify. Both are unique and bring the best for the clients in their manner. There are a lot of doubts in an online store owner’s mind. If you are someone who wants to expand your business with the support of online means then this article will surely benefit you.
What is Woocommerce?
Woocommerce was launched in 2011 as a free open-source E-Commerce plugin, which enables holders of patents to make adjustments as per their need. The plugin is designed for WordPress-based sites.
What is Shopify?
Shopify is a forum for online business. The E-Commerce application development was done in 2006 to assist retailers. Anyone can build their store online and sell products.
The following features will generate a better understanding of which option is adequate.
Differences between them in terms of –
Woocommerce: The WordPress Plugin Woocommerce provides multiple customizable options to its users. For example, store owners can work on the checkout page and delete, rewrite or change the quantity. You can alter the homepage and many more.
Shopify: The E-Commerce platform permits owners to customize and edit their online stores. A business owner can sell any number of products. They can put pictures and videos too.
- Payment and Security
Woocommerce: Business owners enjoy full control with the assistance of REST API. It is an application programming interface that uses HTTP for building APIs. They can pay and receive payments through PayPal, Square, and Stripe. Woocommerce is a secure place as it utilizes Sucuri, which is recognized for the protection of websites from cybercrime and hackers.
- The E-Commerce plugin reports all the details about APIs, extensions, etc. The holders of the stores receive a ‘verified owner’ tag for clarity and transparency.
Shopify: Payments can be made with the help of PayPal, Apple Pay, or Amazon Pay. There are credit card options as well. Store owners have to pay about 30% to Shopify in case they are involving a third party. That’s why clients have to depend on Shopify Payment for ease. The platform is secure due to the SSL certificate.
Woocommerce: You can attach with a third party like Hubspot for expanding your business. Retailers are allowed to take as many orders, prices, and several commodities. A business owner can select his location along with the local language and currency of their residing country. There are more than 400 valid extensions at Woocommerce.
Shopify: Shopify has more than 70 themes for store owners. Shopify has prepared a mobile web app framework for its users, which enables customers to shop from anywhere with their phones. If the owner wishes then he has the option of trading on platforms like Amazon and eBay. Shopify allows users to link their stores with Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Cost Woocommerce: Woocommerce can be installed free of cost. If you are running a small-scale business then it will amount to $200 or so. It is quite reasonable.
Shopify: Shopify is on the costly side. Its subscription plans will range from $29 to $299. Shopify takes 30% of earnings if a third-party plugin is inserted. There is a 14-day trial option. Shopify provides any time service to store owners. There is no fee for high traffic in the store.
- The service allows easy and limitless customization.
- They can pick a nice theme and edit the homepage, contact details, etc.
- Woocommerce is cost-effective.
- Woocommerce can be difficult to use.
- The store owners have to do most tasks while using Woocommerce and are not promising to measure your business growth.
- Shopify enables businesses to sell on other sites such as eBay and Amazon.
- You can take a 14-day trial for certainty without any payment details.
- The platform is suitable for beginners. They provide a 24-hour service too.
- The yearly or monthly plans also comprise limitless storage, domain, and hosting.
- You can analyze your business.
- Shopify is expensive for small businesses.
- About 30% is paid to Shopify when third parties are present resulting in dependence on Shopify Payments.
Woocommerce is tough to use. Shopify has a system that makes it look easier to newcomers. On the other hand, mobile application design and development brings hustle-free customization. Shopify helps in attracting more traffic at high rates. You can decide according to your requirements.